Friday, July 31, 2015

A Little Inspiration

So we had a pretty exciting Friday night tonight. We went to Wendy's for "chicken and fries" as Bryce would say and then we went to Aldis and Walmart for groceries.

At Wendy's we had just gotten our food and sat down to eat when daddy suggested we pray just like we do before every meal. We all joined hands and said our suppertime prayer and continued to eat. We were finishing up when a sweet little lady came up to our table and told us, "You have such a nice family." Shane and I both said thank you as she walked out the door.

What a simple sentence that really made a big impact. Here I am 4 hours later and I'm still thinking about it. Shane and I both decided that it really made our day. What a simple act that had a big impact.

Day in and day out I wonder if what I do really matters? All the diaper changes, the snotty noses, the tempter tantrums, the messes, the spilled milk, the lost socks, the dirty floors, is it all worth it? The answer is yes. Every night when I lay Bryce down in bed he wants me to lay with him and in his words,"talk about our day." We lay there in the dark and go over the different things we did that day. What a special time with my little boy that I will someday miss terribly. There are times during the day that are literally exhausting and then there are other moments like that.

How many times do you think about saying something nice to someone but never actually do it? So thank you sweet lady at Wendy's for making what I do matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment