Friday, February 5, 2016

Why is the Door Locked?

Ok so another story to share with you all. This all happened this morning before 8 o'clock. Let me set the scene for you. I was getting ready for the day before the girls came (unloading dishwasher, cleaning up kitchen, scarfing down my bowl of cheerios and trying to drink my coffee/hot chocolate before it got cold, etc.). Blaine was sitting on the couch watching Mickey and I could hear Bryce's voice coming from his room.

Jackie was dropping off Hannah and I went up to Bryce's room to find that the door was locked. I yell for Bryce and he responds, "Bryce stuck on top of his dresser. Can't get down." I go downstairs and dig in our key bowl in the kitchen and find what I thought would be something that would unlock the door. No luck. I keep trying as I start to panic, but I also try to remain calm. I am yelling to Bryce, "Why did you lock this door, do not lock the door ever again." I am telling him that I cannot get the door unlocked and that he is going to have to climb down the same way he climbed up there. I am explaining to him to turn around and go down backwards and if he falls, he falls. (Probably not my best parenting moment by the way).

He keeps saying that he can't and I can hear him trying and then giving up. By the way, he got up there by placing a little ottoman on top of one of his little chairs in order to get his flannel shirt down which is what he wanted to wear for the day. Meanwhile I am texting Shane at work to see if he has any ideas or knows where the key is to unlock it. I am ready to break down the door when Bryce tries one more time and succeeds in getting down and then precedes to unlock the door. Good lord, thank goodness! All in all, it was pretty funny and definitely a story I wanted to write down to remember.

Bryce finally got his flannel shirt down and we all went down to the basement and started to play when Blaine was being so crabby and grouchy. I was like, "What is the matter with you?" I then realized that in all the commotion I forgot to give Blaine breakfast.  Until next time

Here is a picture I snapped to show daddy and there's the flannel shirt on the floor! Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment