Friday, October 17, 2014

A Closer Look at the Playroom

One of my summer projects was to redo a kitchen set for the playroom.These pieces were in my parents garage not being used, so I decided to work them over. They actually came from a Kindergarten classroom at United that my sister was a teacher's aide in. I cleaned them up, sanded them down, painted them, added contact paper, and new hardware. I think they turned out super cute! Here are a few before and afters of each piece.

 
I used old CDs for the burners. Just a little spray paint and glue!
 




 


Before they tore down the grade school and junior high in Oneida, they opened it up to the public. We got this metal cabinet that was actually in a closet in my first grade classroom. Mrs. Vittone, my first grade teacher was actually the reason I went into teaching. I painted it and I now use it for my craft stuff. We also have a file cabinet, two kid chairs, and a wooden bench from one of the locker rooms. So very cool!
 
 
I got a can of chalkboard paint from Myrl and I have found all kinds of uses for it.
 
 
I painted name tags with chalkboard paint and then used them to label different things. That way if I change whats in each drawer, the label will be easy to change as well.

I used fishing line and clothespins to display artwork. Bryce loves to see his pictures up there. I have had so much fun creating this playroom.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment