Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Big Move!

Well we did it, we moved back home where we have been trying to get back to since Shane and I met. You never realize how much stuff you actually have until you go to move it. And actually not all of our stuff was in Ottawa with us. Shane has tools at his mom's house, we have patio furniture at Jenn and Joel's, a bed and other random objects at Bill and Gale's, furniture and wedding gifts at mom and dad's, and well you get the point. This will be my 11th move since my freshman year of college. The longest I have lived in one place was 16 months and the shortest I lived anywhere was 5 months! Whew, I am sick of packing and moving! This will be our last move. This home is our forever home and I could not be more excited! We are actually going to be living with my parents until we get our remodel complete or my parents get sick of us! Whichever one comes first! Just kidding mom and dad! We moved all of our stuff into the new house and we will just move it around as we work! I actually got a little emotional as we spent our last night in our Ottawa townhouse. It was where we brought Bryce home from the hospital. It was where he learned to crawl. It was our first home as a family of three. We loved living in Ottawa and we will definitely miss all our favorite pizza places! But we are so excited to be living closer to our families and finally having our own house to raise our family in!

My little packing helper!

He had to be right in the middle of everything

The moving begins!

Grandpa Carl hard at work

Nice faces boys!

Grandpa Carl keeping himself busy

This was quite the scene



All 3 trailers packed up and ready to go!
 

Unloading at our new house


Uncle David and Adam showed up just in time




A big shout out to everyone who helped us on move in day: Mom and Dad, Jenn and Joel, Uncle Dick, Grandma D and Grandpa Carl, Uncle David and Adam, Myrl, Gregg, and Bill and Gale who watched Bryce for us. They had the hardest job of all :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment