Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Wallpaper removal

                                                                 Remember this photo?

Well we did it and it wasn't so bad! I borrowed Myrl's wallpaper steamer to get the first layer off, then I used a combination of water, fabric softener, and ammonia in a spray bottle to get the paper that was still left. I am just glad that the only wallpaper in the house was in both hallways and the bathroom upstairs. I am also glad that there was only one layer of wallpaper!

Wallpaper before
 
Wallpaper before in upstairs hallway
 
Oh the fun begins!
 
Luckily, it pretty much peeled off
 
Then it looked like this. We sprayed and scraped, sprayed and scraped.
 
What it looks like now
 
That is some bright blue walls!
 
 
 
My wallpaper removal helpers: Dad, Shane, and Myrl. Thanks a bunch! Without your help I would still be using that steamer right now!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment