Thursday, January 2, 2020

Funny Stories and Quotes from 2017, 2018, and 2019

Monday, January 16, 2017
Blaine Butler is at it again. Every time we take him out of the bath tub and get his pajamas on him, he cries and throw a big ole fit. Every. Single. Time. A few nights ago, he was crying and then all of the sudden stopped and said, "I done crying now." I said, "You're done crying?" and he said, "Yea." Yesterday in church he was so loud through the whole service and kept saying, "How you doin?" He also told me, "Be quiet mommy. You listen to me?" Everyone around us was just cracking up. Bryce and Blaine are just so different. It will be interesting to see what baby #3  will be like. Only 4 more days! I asked Blaine how much he loved me tonight and he replied, "Big much!"

Friday, February 24, 2017
Ali girl is just over a month old and I have been confined to the main floor because of the stairs so I have been writing funny stories in my phone and I just now have been able to go down to the basement to get this journal. Life with 3 kids has actually been pretty great. Ali is such a great baby and the boys are so good with her. Daddy has been such a big help around here since Ali has been born and he has been the one who puts the boys to bed at night. They say their prayer and before daddy leaves Bryce's room, Bryce will ask him, "Will I see you in the morning light?" Since the end of our prayer each night says, "Guard me Jesus through the night and wake me with the morning light. During the day, the boys actually put themselves to sleep for their nap since I only try to do the stairs twice a day. Bryce lays Blaine down, turns on the fan, and then shuts his door. He then puts himself to sleep in his room. They both come back downstairs when they wake up after a few hours. It's really pretty impressive.

The other night Shane was being silly with Bryce and Bryce said, "You made me laugh so hard, I tooted." Bryce always likes to know what's going on and our plan for the day. Sometimes I will say, "That's the plan, Stan." He apparently got the phrase mixed up because I heard him say, "That's the plan, Sandy."

A few weeks ago I was making pancakes one morning and I asked from the kitchen who wanted to help me. Bryce immediately jumped up and said, "me." Blaine continued to sit on the couch and said, "I just sit here. I just need to watch TV." Last night we were making a trip to get groceries and go out to eat which is quite a production now with 3 kids. Blaine had his coat on, gloves on, and hat on and was just sitting in Shane's chair. We said, let's go and Blaine replied, "I just chilling."

One day last week the boys were playing upstairs while I was in the living room nursing Ali. Bryce came running down the stairs just cracking up. I asked him what was so funny and he said, "Blaine in bathtub and turned water on." Sure enough when I get upstairs, he was in his pajamas just splashing away in about an inch of water.

When Shane was laying Blaine down for the night he was on the floor and said he wanted to sleep there. He threw quite a fit when Shane made him sleep in his bed. He did take a nap one day in his wooden barn. He was all crunched up and cozy and actually slept there for 2 hours!

I don't have very many funny stories on Shane, but I do have this one. I had Ali's birth announcement cards done and addressed. I just needed some stamps. I sent the boys to the post office and told them to get some cute heart ones or love ones (it was just before Valentin'es Day.) They came back home and he hands me two sheets of Wonder Woman stamps. I seriously laughed so hard!

April 13, 2017
Ali Kay is almost 3 months old and life is busy, busy, busy. For 3 days a week, I have 6 kids here: 4 in diapers! I know I will miss these days, but man it sure is crazy! We spend most of our mornings in our basement playroom and I bring down a snack around 9. The boys always want something different than the girls and on this particular day Bryce came down the stairs hiding something behind his back. He said, "Guess what me got?" I was hoping it wasn't my secret stash of m&ms, but all of the sudden he pulled out 2 hot dog buns. One in each hand. I couldn't help but laugh out loud! He had one for him and one for Blaine.

July 12, 2017
Ali Kay is almost 6 months old and Blaine Butler turned 3 a few months ago. I can't believe Bryce will be 5 next month and starting Kindergarten! Daddy just bought him his very first bookbag and lunchbox, both John Deere of course! I am both nervous and excited for him to start school. I hope he will come out of his shell and make some new friends. I am so excited that I will be teaching Kindergarten in Williamsfield. I could not be any more excited and I've been having so much fun getting in my classroom and starting to set things up! I have been so lucky to be a stay at home mom for 3 years and now it's time to get back to the classroom. How lucky that my 3 sweet kiddos will get to spend their days at mamaws! Bryce and Blaine are becoming the very best of friends and have the cutest little conversations. One night last week I was feeding Ali in the living room while the boys were finishing up supper. Bryce was complaining about not wanting to do something (I can't remember exactly what it was) and Blaine replied, "Too bad, so sad."

Sunday, October 7, 2017
Well, Bryce and I have been in Kindergarten for almost 40 days! We are both loving it and learning so much! I have 13 students, a full time aide, a bathroom in my room, and a working sink. I seriously love my job and could not be happier. I have created my own classroom Facebook page where I post pictures and videos of my classroom life. I'm getting ready for the end of 1st quarter and parent teacher conferences, fun, fun! Bryce seems to be enjoying himself in school and is learning so much! He came in only knowing a few letters and sounds and he now knows all and can write his name like a pro. I think he is making friends, he doesn't tell us too much. Every night while laying in bed and saying our prayer, we go over his day and my day. I always go through each part of my day and he rarely tells me much about his day. Last night I told him that he had to tell me two things and he said, "I ate lunch and rode the bus. That's two things." Oh man, he's just like his daddy!

Blaine and Ali love being at mamaw and papa's house everyday. Ali has learned how to climb stairs, push herself up, and she loves to wrestle papa everyday after lunch. Blaine loves to play with his best friend Cooper and brings some shoes full of sand every night. He is currently working on potty training with little luck. He will wear underwear without freaking out, which is feat in itself. But he will not pee in the potty. He just sits there and holds it in. Little, stubborn boy. Oh well, we will get there, hopefully!

The boys really are the best of friends and I just love listening to them talk to each other. A few weeks ago, Shane ran a 5k and received a trophy for placing 1st in his age group. The boys were both fighting over the trophy when Blaine said, "I know what this says (pointing to the writing on the front), it says this is Blaine's, not Bryce, ha, ha, ha."

2018 and 2019
I really don't have too many stories from 2018 and 2019 well that I wrote down at least. Here are a few. The same way in which Blaine went from saying one word to complete sentences, I feel Ali did the same thing. She can also throw quite the fit. One time I told her it was time to go to bed. She didn't want to stop reading her book and I told her well that's too bad. The girl seriously loves to read! She then told me, "No too bad." She also loves to be the first one up to brush her teeth and she'll take off running up the stairs and say, "I beat da boys." She also puts off bedtime as long as she can. She says think like: "I need kenex, I needa kiss my bothers, cuse me, I burped, I too busy reading."

Once Blaine started half day preschool he absolutely loved it! His very good buddy was Quinn. Papa takes the boys to school and then Chris or Tracey brings Blaine and Quinn back to mamaw's daycare. They sometimes would get to hang out in the high school hallway and got to know some of the students pretty well, which is probably what lead to him being chosen as the crown bearer for Homecoming. One day out of the blue Blaine asked me, "Do I have to marry Quinn?" I told him, "You can marry whoever you want." Then Blaine said, "Okay, then I want to marry Michaela."

One night Ali kept calling Shane, "Willy." I asked her why she kept calling him that and she said, "Willy, like willy enormous." It's the theme song from a show that they watch called Gigantosaurus. Another night when I was trying to get Ali to calm down and go to bed, I told her, "It's bed time." She then said, "No, it's crazy time. Daddy got me all winded up."

This past summer when we were all playing outside. I came inside to do something and all the sudden I can hear Bryce start screaming. I knew something was wrong, so I went back outside and I see him with his hand behind his back. All the sudden he shows me his hand and there is a nut on his ring finger that he cannot get off. He took it off his bike and put it on his finger. He was jumping around and freaking out. I tried to stay calm and took him inside. We washed it and it still wasn't coming off. We then used lotion and that didn't work either. I told him to just keep trying to get it off while I tried to goggle more ideas. In the meantime, he had wiggled it enough that it finally came off. What a relief and what a goof!

Since today is the second day of January, I am really going to try and be better at writing down stories from this upcoming year. It's been so fun to go back and read these. The kids especially love when I read them so they can hear the funny things they said or did. Here's hoping to a better collection in 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment