Monday, August 27, 2012

The Day our Lives Changed forever!

Here is Bryce's birth story for those of you who are curious. For those of you who are not, you have been warned. Bryce's due date was August 8th. When that day came and went, I was getting anxious and ready to do anything to make his arrival come sooner. On August 9th, I spent the day washing the walls in our house and bouncing on my exercise ball! Early the next morning on August 10th, around 1:00 am my water broke. I woke Shane up and he immediately started running around the house, getting dressed, and somehow stubbed his toe during the process. He had the car started before I even had my pajamas off. Off to the hospital we went! Luckily my water broke, but I was not having any contractions, so the hour and half drive to Peoria wasn't as bad as what I had imagined it would be. We got to the hospital and were told to relax and get some sleep while they waited to see if my contractions would start on their own. After about 3 hours and no contractions, they gave me pytocin to get the party started! At 10:30 am the morning of the 10th I was dilated to a 5. I then got the epidural and Shane and I started betting on when he will be born. Unfortunately, the epidural slowed the party down and I was only progressing about 1 cm every two hours. By 6:00 pm I was finally to a 9! It had been a long day, but the next time they checked me I was ready to push and meet our baby boy. But, when they checked me again at 8:00 pm I had somehow gone backwards to a 7. Oh no! And, Bryce's heartbeat was going up and down, so they backed off the pytocin. At this point it had been almost 20 hours since my water had broken. I was exhausted, Shane was worried, and Bryce was suffering, so my doctor suggested we do a C-section. We agreed. They prepped us for surgery, and we were on our way. Bryce was born at 12:34 am on August 11th weighing 8 lbs, 10.8 oz, and 20 inches long. After a very long day, we finally got to meet our baby boy! We both cried when we saw him in the delivery room! Here are only a few of the pictures from that memorable day!







1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, welcome to the blogging world! Congratulations again to you and Shane! Bryce looks like a precious addition to your family. What a blessing! Can't wait to see more updates:)

    ReplyDelete