Saturday, March 1, 2014

More Kindergarten Quotes

Here's my next installment of Kindergarten quotes from this year:
  • Every year we have a Preschool through Second Grade Theme. My first year we were Ms. Holmes' Home run Hitters, then Ms. Holmes' Hungry Hippos, Ms. Holmes' Hammerhead Sharks, and Mrs. Tucker's Terrific Turkeys. We didn't have a clever saying last year because I was on maternity leave with Bryce. This year we are Mrs. Tucker's Terrific Tigers. We were learning all about tigers and then wrote in our journals about tigers. Everybody started their sentence with, "A tiger is...." Student #22 wrote "A tiger is awkward."
  • While getting ready to go home at the end of the day, Student #11 says, "I just love singing Boy Marley. It's just always in my head."
  • While arguing with another student, Student #9 says, "Oh yeah, well my sisters name is Minnie Mouse."
  • One day I overhead five on my students randomly whispering over and over, "Ice, ice, baby."
  • Around Valentine's Day, Student #2 was doing our calendar routine on the smartboard when Student #9 shouts out, "Would you ever consider being my girlfriend?"
  • Just yesterday I was going around the room stapling books that the kids had made. Student #4 says, "Mrs. Tucker when I grow up, I want to be a teacher just like you." Student #1 says, "When I grow up, I want to be a pastor's wife."

No comments:

Post a Comment