Monday, February 16, 2015

My Collection of Busy Bags

I have seen some different ideas on Pinterest of busy bags for toddlers. I have started my own collection of them and thought I would share them. Some of them you could make on your own and some of them are items I have collected throughout my teaching years. When I taught Kindergarten, I made several take home bags with different themes that each kid got to bring home throughout the year. Some of these activities are from those take home bags. They are great for church, doctor visits, or just something different to play with at home.


Dry erase books with different learning activities. Little pieces of felt make great erasers.
 
Sand paper and yarn. This one is really cool and so easy to put together.


I have a few pictures of Bryce playing with some of the bags


Dry erase flash cards

I just colored popsicle sticks and clothespins matching colors and he has to clip them together.

He loves this one and it's good fine motor practice


Random flashcards on rings
 
Lacing cards with shoe laces or yarn
 

He loves this one too. We don't quite have the concept of lacing down, but he tries


Geo boards

This is a puzzle set another teacher handed down to me. All he does is take them apart, but someday he will help me put them back together.



Texture balls
Lyla and Bryce having fun with this one
 

These are number fans I made during my first year of teaching Kindergarten. There are so many activities you can do with these.

Alphabet puzzle I bought from Learning Resources

These are easy to make color matching cards. You can have them match the color to start with and then work on color words as they get older.


A Cars alphabet game where they match uppercase and lowercase letters, played like Go Fish

A collection of flashcards


Playdough alphabet cards

I just cut apart an egg carton and put holes in each one to stick pipe cleaners through
 
Same concept with this one but with an empty spice container
 
This is from my Chicka Chicka Boom Boom take home bag. The metal tray and alphabet magnets were bought at the dollar tree. As you read the book, you move the letters up the tree until they all fall off.



This is an alphabet rainbow. I just traced around each letter and laminated the paper. The kids have to match the letters in the correct order to make a rainbow.
 
 

This is my current storage for my bags. It is not really ideal, but it works for now. I saved each bag whenever we bought new curtains for our house. They are each the right size. They even have little hangers on them. Maybe someday I will construct a little spot to hang them, but for now here is my collection.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment