Sunday, April 28, 2013

Our Big News!

Well our little family has some big news to share! And no I am not pregnant again! That was every ones response when we said we had some big news. Shane got a new teaching position at Wethersfield High School starting in August. We are finally moving back home closer to our families! We could not be more excited! We are so tired of renting and are ready to get our own house together! Ever since Shane and I started dating we both have talked about how we want to move closer to our families. How lucky that our families are close together. I told him about my grandparents house in the country where my dad grew up. It's an old brick house that was built in 1954. It has four bedrooms, 2 stall garage, big yard, full basement, large living room with built-ins, and a large kitchen. It is a solid house with a lot of potential. Gosh, I kinda sound like a realtor! I guess I've been watching too many HGTV shows. We would just be doing a lot of updating such as new furnace/central air, new windows, new kitchen, updated bathroom, new flooring, new carpet, lots of paint, basement redo. Sounds easy right? Well we are up for the challenge and decided to buy it. Luckily, I married a guy who is very handy and loves to do things like this! We are very excited to start this journey together! I have very fond memories of this house and my amazing grandparents. I can remember playing kick the can, climbing the big tree in the front yard, scaring our little cousin with stories of the corn monster, and playing with all my cousins in the basement. It was where we had Christmas Eve each year, where we enjoyed peanut butter popcorn with my Grandpa Wayne, long talks with my Grandma Kay, and treasure hunts with my Aunt Jan. It is a place where I am excited to raise my kids and start memories of our own!
Our house from the road

Our house! I'm sitting on the front porch with a pink shirt on!


View from the front porch

Wide open spaces! Our view to the West

Our view to the East

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys! And what an honor to get to live in your grandparents home where so many wonderful memories were made. Very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katie! We are very excited and a little overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete